Custom Search

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Please complain while you shop!

Christmas is coming and everyone is in shopping frenzy mode. What to buy for your parents, your kids, your loves ones...bla..bla.. With sale in almost every major shopping complex, planning every step to drain your hard earn money, it is vital for you to get what your money worth. We need to spend, yes you hear me right, "spend" but moderately and wisely. If everyone stop spending, there will be no economy left!

But with limited cash in your wallet, you need to make sure you get something that you really likes, and most of the time you need to "complain" just to get that.

about a couple of weeks back, When the Malaysia Year End Sale started, Isetan MDV was having a 3 day special sale for Isetan privelege card members, where card holders enjoy extra discount and other goodies. Wifey and me quickly grab this opportunity to buy ourself a few peasant gift for our family and of course ourselves too.

I got interested in a Jacket by KEYNG, and with an attractive price tag too. I quickly do a fitting and i am lucky that there is still size for me. I pass the jacket to QC dept(my wife) to scrutinise any possible defects. Her quick eye saw some loose thread and quickly reject the piece. But i was not yet to give up, so i politely asked the staff on duty if they was any new ones left in their store. Without thinking, she quickly snapped, "no more new ones, since this is discounted stock" and walked off. I got no choice and put back the jacket on to the hangar and walk away dissapointed. I relayed the incident to my wife later, and being an experienced shopper, she sensed something amiss and she quickly scouted another staff on duty, this time she approached a young lad with a name tag that say "Trainee". He briskly walk in to the store and later came back with a brand new ones!!!

Wtf!!! @@#$%5543@@###@@#$%^&*!!! it seems there were new one in their store after all! apparently, the first staff was lazy to check it out for me and took the convenience way "no stock" approach. I was really apalled by the conduct of the first staff. I guessed being a trainee or part timers had more motivation to serve the customers than a old or permanent staff. I really appreciates the dedicated attitude of the young lad, that is the correct attitude if you want to succeed in life.

This experience made me wiser the next time. I was in Sony Style of Sunway Pyramid looking for one lens cap. I asked the first person i saw in the shop and ask for this cap. Without blinking an eye, he told me "no stock". I asked him again, "how can you be so sure, since you did not move your butt to go and checked". Sensing i was not so pleased about his attitude, he slowly shashayed to the counter behind the shop and start looking for the part in the computer. I observed that he dont even know how to use the damn terminal!! His colleague have to check on his behalf and finally he walked back to me and with his "i told you so" look inform me the part is not available.

I really hope the owner or the management of the business, in this case, management of KEYNG, SONY should display big big contact details for customer to voice their complaint or compliments. Doing this will ensure repeat customers to their shop.

If i am the shop owner and i found out a staff with such attitude, i would have fired him/her on the spot! Whats the point to hire a person who suppose to conduct or facilitate a deal for you but instead of doing just that, he/she turned away business with his/her laziness or attitude!

So, please feel free to complain while you shop, it actually will do good to our country and society and the economy too!

and Merry christmas!


4 comments:

3POINT8 said...

then i guess it must be tough being a staff there. Having to put with low staff wage, they still have to worry about boss firing them.

Then again, if the staff member are that good (in servicing customers), i think there are better positions for them

boLanliap said...

then again, if that staff turn away customer with such a tidak apa attitude, whats the point of keeping him? I know his wages are low, but many people are also in line queuing up for that low wages!!

He/she should treasure the fact that he/she still have a job!

Anonymous said...

That is right, we have to honor and respect our job if we choose to work in one place.

This is the correct attitude to improve oneself and be given more responsible.

boLanliap said...

So, shall we start yelling at any incompetent sales guy in a shop? :)